Five August Tips (for busy gardeners)
- Make sure that your plants have an ample amount of water during hot, dry periods.
- Spring flowering perennials can be divided this month or next. Be sue to do this during the coolest part of the day and water the plants thoroughly after transplanting.
- Harvest your vegetable crops on a regular basis for season long production
- Keep weeds pulled before they have a chance to flower and go to seed. Otherwise they may show up again for many years.
- Fertilize your roses for the last time this month. Do not fertilize them again until next spring. They need to slow their growth to prepart for winter.